For many modern offices the prospect of “Going Paperless” seems a daunting task. However, with a few quick changes, freeing your environment of its abundant paper problem is really quite simple. If you take the time to adopt these few strategies, originally suggested from Future of Business, you’ll be well on your way towards a cleaner, greener office.
Tips for Going Paperless:
- Work Online: use online tools and apps to your advantage. Not only with the digital record keep you more organized – and use less paper, it will also give you the ability to share information faster, making processes more efficient.
- Make Friends with the Cloud: unlike paper, which requires you to have a physical copy to access information, documents and files saved on the cloud can be accessed from anywhere. Google Docs (comparable to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are wonderful, and still unknown to many.
- Recycle: Odds are, there’s lots of paper hanging around the office that you don’t need. Save the important stuff; recycle the rest.
- Scan: Need to hang on to an essential document? Scan it in to save as a digital copy, preferably using optical character recognition (OCR). This will protect it from damage and make it easier to find later on. Once it’s scanned in, shred it or recycle it.
- Turn Finance Digital: Many companies are making the transition to paperless, and you can take advantage of this progress by signing up for their free paperless service.
Tools for Going Paperless:
Notes, Reminders, and To Do:
Office Documents and Tools:
Scheduling and Meetings:
In the modern business environment, going paperless will save you both time and money. Not only does it work towards a cleaner, healthier world, but using these tools to streamline business processes will help make your company more efficient and productive.
Read more details from Future of Business.
What has your experience been with going paperless? Are there some tools or tips not mentioned above that you’ve used to help make this transition? Please share!