Josh Linkner is the New York Times bestselling author of Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity, named one of the top 10 business books of 2011. He is also the CEO and Managing Partner of Detroit Venture Partners where, together with business partners Earvin “Magic” Johnson and NBA team owner Dan Gilbert, Josh is actively rebuilding urban areas through technology and entrepreneurship.
Josh is the Founder, Chairman, and former CEO of ePrize, the largest interactive promotion agency in the world providing digital marketing services for 74 of the top 100 brands, and has founded three other successful technology companies. He is also Adjunct Professor of Applied Creativity at the University of Michigan.
He has been honored as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and the Detroit News Michiganian of the Year, and is a President Barack Obama Champion of Change award recipient. Josh is a regular columnist for Fast Company and Inc. Magazine, and his work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, USA Today, and The New York Times.
Josh is also a Berklee-trained professional jazz guitarist who performs regularly in jazz clubs throughout the United States. Most importantly, Josh is on a mission to make the world more creative.
You can learn directly from him, too, by listening to his excellent My Quest for the Best interview, in which he shares her expertise on:
- How creativity is the new currency of success
- The most exciting news about creativity (hint: it’s something we can all tap within ourselves)
- What one corporation did to encourage calculated risk-taking among all employees
- What creating an arch enemy does for boosting creativity at all levels in a company
- A novel technique for overcoming timid ideas in brainstorming sessions
Listen to this interview and expand your ideas on entrepreneurship and creativity!