Bill Ringle’s Quality Service Pledge
We will work together to create an experience for participants that will be educational, enjoyable, and energizing.
So that you know what you can expect from me, I offer the following pledge to all speaking-engagement clients. Thorough preparation and an established set of professional standards is one of my points of difference with other experts who speak.
Please read the Quality Service Pledge and let me know if you have anything you’d like to discuss in regards to our work together.
In Preparation, I Will
- Be available to discuss plans for my speech.
- Know what your organization does and why it does it.
- Know why I am there and have a specific plan to accomplish your goals for my presentation.
- Know the theme of your meeting and relate my presentation to it.
- Know why your people would want to hear what I have to say on this topic.
- Coordinate with other speakers or the speakers bureau to assure your goals are met.
- Notify you in advance of my travel itinerary.
On-Site, I Will
- Notify you when I arrive on site and contact you immediately should any serious delays occur.
- Be accessible to you from the time I arrive until I leave.
- TELL YOU THE TRUTH 100% OF THE TIME
- Retire early the night before my speech.
- Be reasonable and considerate in my use of room charges and incidental expenses.
- Be in the meeting room for a sound check at least one hour before I speak.
- Coordinate with the set-up crew and other presenters to make sure my needs fit your overall needs.
- Stay out of the way until it is my turn to speak.
- Study your audience and the other speakers to align my message with them.
- Be dressed appropriately, always one step more formal or business-like than the audience.
- Provide an easy, brief introduction and be available to coach my introducer.
- Make suggestions to the crew as to how to maximize audience impact through creative use of lights, sound, and staging.
- Be in the room, seated and visible to you even before my introduction begins.
During My Presentation, I Will
- Walk on stage cheerfully and open my speech with energy and purpose.
- Never use off-color language or material.
- Stick to my time frame and adjust if needed.
- Interact constantly with the audience and involve them through questions, a show of hands, eye contact and exercises as appropriate.
- Present well-researched, profound information.
- Use stories and humor liberally.
- Use appropriate slides and audio clips or video clips to enhance the look, feel and impact of my speech.
- React maturely, good-naturedly and flexibly to any problems that arise. This includes: audio visuals, lights, sounds, emergencies, etc.
- Never be rude to an audience member.
- Allow for questions and comments from the audience during my presentation.
- Summarize my points and give ways to remember my key points.
- Relate my points to your organization and people.
- Never abuse my assignment by turning my speech into a sales pitch.
- Only offer my books and recordings if approved or requested in advance.
After My Presentation, I Will
- Stay around after my speech briefly to answer questions or hear comments.
- Check out and depart with minimal effort to you.
- Promptly fill any orders for my products.
- Send a copy of my email newsletter for each audience member as a follow-up, if desired.
- Suggest strategies to continue the impact of my message during follow-up.
- Never disclose any sensitive information about your organization.
- Be willing to accept personal phone calls or emails to follow up on the speech from individual audience members or executives.
I will deliver an exceptionally good presentation in a highly professional manner.
This quality pledge is adopted from my colleague, Jim Cathcart, and is used with permission.
Clients who have benefited from Bill Ringle’s work include:
- American Movers Association
- American Greetings
- Apple Computer
- ASTD (American Society for Training and Development)
- Association of Sales and Marketing Executives
(Communications, Advertising, and Marketing Association)
- Discover Financial
- Goddard Space Flight Center/NASA
- Institute for Scientific Information
- Johnson Matthey
- National Speakers Association
- NSA – Brisbane/ Australia
- US Dept of Defense
- US Dept of Treasury
- Women in Communications Association
This page is designed to address the steps that Bill Ringle and his staff take before, during and after a presentation.
If you have additional questions that are more specific, please use the meeting planner request form.
We look forward to hearing from you!