In a recent article for Forbes magazine, writer and Forbes contributor Aileron discusses 8 skills every successful entrepreneur has in common.
1. Resiliency: It is the ability to weather the ups and downs of any business. This skill enables the entrepreneur to keep going when the outlook is bleak.
2. Focus: Focus is not easy to master amidst so many distracting forces. After setting a long term goal, it is essential to know how to “laser focus” on the very next step to get closer to the ultimate goal.
3. Invest for the long-term: Entrepreneurs need to stop, pause, and plan for the long-term rather than on what comes next because overnight success may take 7 to 10 years.
4. Find and manage people: Entrepreneurs need to network to meet the right people. Because only by learning to leverage employees, vendors and other resources will an entrepreneur build a scalable company.
5. Sell: Entrepreneurs are either selling their ideas, products or services to customers, investors or employees. Entrepreneurs work to be there when customers are ready to buy and they know how to move on when they are not.
6. Learn: Successful entrepreneurs stay up to date on new systems, technology, and industry trends.
7. Self-reflection: Allow downtime to reflect on the past and plan for the future.
8. Self-reliance: In the end, entrepreneurs need to be resourceful enough to depend on themselves.
Read more details in Forbes magazine
What other skills an entrepreneur should have to ensure success? Tell us in the comments below.
Bill Ringle is a CEO, former Apple exec, published author, and angel investor. Through Grow Business Now, he offers strategies and tools to elevate growth for executives and entrepreneurs from more than 46 industries. Bill has conducted nearly 200 podcast interviews on My Quest for the Best, where industry and business leaders share their secrets to success.